Technical and Coaching Workshop with National Team Coach – Jonathon Cavar
When: Dec 23, 8 am- 4 pm
Where: Memorial Center, Brockville, ON
Who: Youth 2/Competitive Skaters, Coaches
Jonathon is a National Short Track Team Coach at the Calgary Olympic Oval. He was a Canadian short track coach at 2010 Olympic Winter Games, and co-coach of the silver medalist women’s relay team. He is a charter member of Professional Coaches, an NCCP level III coach, and has a degree in Exercise Science from Concordia University. Prior to becoming a national team coach in Calgary he coached part-time with Montreal-International SSC for 4 years. He was the first Canadian to win a medal at the inaugural World Junior Short Track Championships (Seoul, KOREA; 1994, Silver 500 m) and he was a National and development team athlete for 5 years.
- Learn which fundamental skill sets are critical to a skater’s development
- Learn dryland training tools to accelerate skill development on ice
- Get real time feedback on your coaching techniques/skating technique
- Learn what it takes to be a high performance short tack speed skater
- Get the inside scoop on the Oval Program and the up and coming Canadian athletes
- On ice and off ice sessions
Wondering if there was room and if you would consider permitting my 2 older daughters to participate in the clinic on the 23rd?
I’ll forward your message to our head coach. Hopefully she can get back to you Thursday.